Friday, 11 October 2019 09:34
Cloud Hosting vs Web Hosting - What is the Difference?
In case you are planning to have a fully functioning website or blog for your business or personal use, you will have to buy some sort of website hosting service. The selection of hosting service will rely on specific needs, website requirements and budget. In case you are new to hosting, it might be confusing for you to locate the best hosting service for your website. Here in the article we are going to talk about the differences between Cloud hosting and Web Hosting services.
The main objective of our behind publishing this article is to clarify the differences between these 2 major forms of web hosting services accessible on the web. So without further delay, let’s now have a closer look at Cloud Hosting vs. Web Hosting.
What Is Cloud Web Hosting?
By opting a cloud hosting web service, you are not leasing space on a single along physical server. b\Basically, all server and its hardware are virtual on this type of hosting arrangement. It is one of the most recent types of hosting and becoming more and more popular in the last few years. These days many organizations and businesses are migrating to Cloud to grasp the amazing benefits of Cloud computing technology.
Cloud hosting/computing gives an option to get unlimited expansion to resources, which makes it one of the best options for you to choose from in case your site is growing at a fast pace. Additionally, your website will be protected from server breakdown, or any server related issues, as your website/blog can be moved to another server in the grid, in case anything wrong happened. Read more about Cloud hosting here.
Couple of Reasons to Choose Cloud Hosting:
What Is Website Hosting?
In simple words, web hosting refers to an Internet service which allows you to store your website files and data. Basically, a web hosting company arrange space on the server to store or host your websites’ files and data. A website is a combination of files and information that are stored somewhere on the web. At the moment an Internet user enters your website domain name in a web browser, the browser connect to the server of your web host to download the files and deliver them to the users browser. Read more about Web hosting here.
In traditional hosting service like shared or VPS, your website’s data will be stored/hosted on a single web server. The selection of the server is typically depend upon the needs of your website, its size, the amount of traffic you are expecting to your site etc.
The most common and widely used types of website hosting services are VPS, Shared, Dedicated Server and Reseller Hosting.
- Shared Hosting: The most common and widely used type of hosting is shared. One of the main reasons behind its popularity is its low cost structure. In this form of hosting, one single server is used to host hundreds of websites and blogs. This is an ideal solution for the websites in the beginning stage.
- Reseller Hosting: Reseller hosting services are in most cases a shared hosting solution with some additional tools and features to enable you resell hosting to your clients.
Reseller hosting packages accompany amazing technical control through WHM panel, WHMCS billing software so that you can invoice your clients and many other amazing benefits.
- VPS Hosting: VPS server share one physical web server yet pretend similar to various, separate servers. Virtual Private Server is known as a bridge between shared and dedicated web server. Despite the fact that each and every Virtual Private Server instance shares hardware and other related resources, they are assigned a dedicated amount of processing power and server resources.
- Dedicated Server Hosting: In this type of hosting arrangement, a whole server is assigned to your site. With this form of hosting, you will have full control over your hosting environment and it comes with excellent performance. When it comes to pricing, dedicated server costs extremely high compared to other hosting option available on the web.
- Managed WordPress Hosting: With the growing popularity and acceptance of WordPress as a Content Management System/Blogging platform, several popular web hosting companies are offering managed WordPress hosting solution.
In short, managed WP Hosting is a type of web service in which the hosting company will handle your WordPress installation updated with latest trends to safeguard your website from security related issues such as from hackers, malware or virus.
I hope the details given above will enable you to choose if going with regular website hosting or cloud web hosting is going to be the ideal fit for your site or blog.